Saturday, August 31, 2024

Still around

 I know it's been awhile--OK, a year since my last post. I have fallen out of the blogging habit, with no real motivation to post more regularly.

Don't worry, though! I am still gaming and still painting miniatures. As proof, here is some sort of giant model I picked up at a flea market last year. I think it's from a Vikings boardgame.

This figure was very easy to paint, thanks to the sculpting and to the Army Painter speed paints I was using.
I was planning on using him in Oathmark, D&D, or Frostgrave, but instead my wife took him to put on her desk at work. I'm flattered she likes my work that much!

Who knows, maybe I will start blogging more soon. Meanwhile, happy gaming.

9 comments:

Shaun Travers said...

Glad you are still around and doing gaming stuff. Blog motivation comes and goes with a lot of us.

pancerni said...

Big fella, stunning! Nice to hear you are having fun. Any space ship gaming?

Ski said...

Nice to see you back :)

Gonsalvo said...

Welcome back; certainly looks the part of a Nordic giant!

Vic said...

Welcome back! I've been following your blog for some time & did wonder if you'd return.

ECW 40mm Project said...

Welcome Back! Personally, I find that setting a goal of at least one post a month for each blog [I have 4] is about right, and keeps me considering my breadth of projects by genre [the blogs are Ancient / Medieval, Naval / Spaceships, Horse and Musket, and Moderns (1880+)]. When I am working hard on a project, I try to post weekly, even just a quick comment with pics, to show what's up.

Hope that helps.

pahoota said...

Welcome back! I can sympathize with the lack of motivation, as well as the lack of time.

It was your blog that inspired me to start my own; maybe your return will inspire me to post again.

pahoota said...

Welcome back!

I can certainly relate to not having the energy or time to post.

Your blog was the inspiration for me to start my own, so maybe this update of yours will inspire me to return to the posting habit.

pahoota said...

Welcome back!