Tuesday, July 28, 2020

A new Escape!

My copy of Escape the Dark Sector landed today! This is a RPG-lite card and dice game by the publishers of Escape the Dark Castle--but instead of taking place in a gritty fantasy fortress, it's IN SPACE! The best thing about this line of games is the cooperative play that builds a story of your team's attempt to get away--in this case, from a space station.
Gameplay is slightly more complex than Castle--each character starts with a cybernetic implant that has certain in-game effects. In addition to normal items, you can use ranged weapons (with new dice!) in your combats as you try to free yourself from the installation. And just like the first game, you can play this one solo if you don't have anyone around to join you in your escape attempt. I can't wait to get my escape on.

3 comments:

Shaun Travers said...

Looking forward to my copy as well although it may take a little while to get to me in Oz.

Desert Scribe said...

Sean, do you have Escape the Dark Castle?

Shaun Travers said...

Yes, I got it a week ago. It is right next to me at the computer. I have read the rules but that is as far as I have got. I seem to have lost time to play anything these last few months :-( I am happy to be motivated to play it though!