Monday, October 18, 2021

Some trashy buildings

Just like I did for some scatter terrain this summer, I created some buildings for Stargrave and other 28mm-scale skirmish games using trash and other bits bound for the landfill.
For the main structures, I used the plastic blister packaging from a couple of Starfinder spaceship sets, another large figure from WizKids, and a Q-tips box.
Just like with my previous terrain, I wanted bright colors instead of a grimdark look. 
And being a packrat who saves all sorts of interesting shapes from the recycling bin, I was able to put a decent amount of detail on these buildings.
While my gaming buddies all have plenty of sci-fi terrain, it's relaxing to put stuff like this together, and I enjoy flexing my creative muscles.
I can use these structures with the toy spaceship I repurposed for 28mm gaming as well.

I haven't had a chance to get these on the table for gaming yet, but I hope to do so in the near future.

4 comments:

pancerni said...

Looks good. Scifi terrain is always fun.

pahoota said...

Yyyyes!!

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who hoards the plastic bread bag tags. Nice to see them put to use on some nice looking buildings.

Ski said...

Those are great. Nice job.

Desert Scribe said...

Thanks, everyone! And Pahoota: Good eye on those plastic bread bag tags!