Monday, September 6, 2021

Silver dragon

I know it's been more than a month since I've posted. I've done some gaming and gaming-adjacent activities, but I just haven't been motivated. But I am proud of this Dungeons & Dragons mini, a WizKids young silver dragon--it was quick and easy to paint, and I bought it at my wife's suggestion (along with another one for her to paint).
For the drake itself, I chose all metallic colors: gunmetal gray, sterling silver, regular silver, and pearlescent white, in various undercoats, washes, and drybrushes, and some color-shifting white to highlight the creature's horns. The rock the beast is crouching on took some burnt umber and a drybrush of tan, then linen. Like I said, quick and easy.

I don't know when I will get this in a game--or even which game (D&D, Frostgrave, Melee/Wizard, Song of Blades & Heroes ...), but at least it will be ready.

No comments: