Thursday, June 20, 2013

Iron Maiden?!? Excellent!!!!

From the Who'da Thunkit Department: Iron Maiden Heroclix.
These prepainted minis are based on Eddie, the mascot that appears in various incarnations on all the album covers and stage shows of the heavy metal band Iron Maiden.  They even come with a stats card, with powers based on the songs from the album on which that version of Eddie appears.
This particular figure comes from the Killers album--I was hoping for The Trooper, but since these are blind purchases, it's the luck of the draw.  Still pretty cool.
On reflection, it shouldn't be surprising that IM licenses a gaming property.  After all, Maiden songs come from some of the same sources as D&D and other fantasy/SF games: Conan, Dune, etc. 

7 comments:

Charlie Warren said...

Hell YES!!!!

Charlie @ The Semi-Retired Gamer

Unknown said...

These are sweet, I seen some last week at the local Hot Topic when I took a friend to the mall so they could get some stuff.

I don't think its surprising either that Iron Maiden allowed a company to license its property for a game considering if you bought the Iron maiden Ed Hunter CD (top 20 greatest hits voted by the fans) it included a shooter game.

Personally I want a Number of the Beast and Trooper Eddie.

Unknown said...

Wicked awesome! Eddie the Ghoul from Killers. That is my favorite album!

Gonsalvo said...

I guess I have to admit that there are some things I am just not cool enough to "get" at all, LOL!

Of course, give me some figures based upon Ricard Wagner's "Der Ring des Nibelungen", and I might be interested! :-)

Colgar6 said...

Like Gonsalvo said...

This figure says nothing at all to me, though I'm happy for anyone who gets meaning from it :) .

Sean Robson said...

Party on, Dude!

Allandaros said...

Up the Irons!