Friday, April 3, 2015

OGRE expansion in the works

In an update to their Kickstarter page, SJ Games announced they're working on a survey to determine the contents of the expansion to OGRE Designer's Edition that was promised as a stretch goal during the funding campaign that would include "new units and at least one map."

No one's asked me, but here's what I'd like to see in an expansion:

  • New maps--either the remaining unpublished two maps from Ogre Battlefields or some new terrain (desert, islands, arctic, etc.)
  • Overlays--some large terrain pieces (7-hex city and water) for those of us who didn't get the Kickstarter-only terrain sheets
  • New units 
    • Infantry--Engineers and Rangers were both left out of the retail version of the Designer's Edition, and so were Heavy Weapons squads
    • Vehicles--Missile GEVs and Heavy GEVs were both featured in Barbarians at the Gates, so I don't know if it would be feasible to reprint them in an expansion. Maybe some naval units ...
    • Ogres--I got enough Ogres.
  • Scenarios--some sort of linked campaign would be nice
Those of you who have OGRE DE, what would you like to see in the expansion?

2 comments:

 Ashley said...

Two maps that are compatible with the four core maps from ODE would be totally epic. Everything else is just extras, and of course without miniatures to represent new units I feel left out. There again I'm not the target audience.

Desert Scribe said...

C'mon, Ashley--we each have more than enough Ogre minis to keep us gaming for a long time :)

... except for light tanks; I have just a couple of PE Hammers and no Combine light tanks.

P.S. My order of additional LCACs arrived today. Now I have enough to transport an armored company. I also got additional armored boats to hold them off.