Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Triplanetary has landed

Triplanetary is the grandaddy of all vector movement spaceship games, dating back to when Marc Miller (of Traveller fame) created it in the 1970s. I went in on the Kickstarter when Steve Jackson Games (which had acquired the rights to the game) decided to publish a new edition of Triplanetary. Well, today the game arrived: nearly a hundred counters worth of spaceships, a rulebook, and two maps representing the Solar System that cover my entire kitchen table when unfolded. I'm looking forward to trying out some of the scenarios in the rulebook and zooming around the planets according to the laws of physics.

3 comments:

Maj. Guiscard said...

Awesome.
Although I lean to the cinematic side of Starship Combat, I'm a total rules junkie. I can't wait to read your review.

Desert Scribe said...

What?!? Now I have to write a review? :D

Maj. Guiscard said...

LOL, think of it as a "playthough" :)