Wednesday, January 15, 2020

So here's a thing I painted

This is some sort of beholder-adjacent critter (spectator) from WizKids' line of Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures.
I had fun painting this guy and his two companions (gazers) from the blister pack. They came already primed, and on plastic stands. I added an acrylic base to make the big guy more stable.
I'm a sucker for these out-of-the-ordinary creatures. You can't really tell from these photos, but I used color-shifting paints on the eyes.
I don't know if I will use this figure for D&D, but it will come in handy as a demon or other monster for our Frostgrave games, which we're still playing.
I have a hard time getting motivated to paint minis, even to a tabletop standard, so I am proud to get this out of my unpainted pile and into my gaming pile. I need to work on another one for next week.

1 comment:

Wouter said...

Great job, I like how you're drawing all the attention to the eyes by making them more colourful than the rest.