Sunday, February 3, 2013

Memories of OGRE

Interesting news on the OGRE front--not directly related to the game, but still noteworthy:  Daniel Jew, the recently hired editor for the OGRE/GEV line by Steve Jackson games, is now blogging about that game.  Go check out his first post, on how he first encountered OGRE.  The author then asks readers for their first experience with the giant tank game. 

I can't really remember how I came across the sci-fi microgame; I think I bought it from a game store in a Denver mall while on a church ski trip.  I had OGRE through high school, but never really played it that much.  About 8 years ago, I bought the minis version (Deluxe OGRE) from my local game store, and collected additional miniatures from ebay.  Now I'm looking forward to seeing the Designer's Edition, more for the maps than for the counters.  I want to play this game some more ...

1 comment:

 Ashley said...

I had the pleasure of meeting Daniel at Congenial last year, along with the Phoglio's, and had a blast helping him to run demo games Of Ogre. So much so I ended up as the Ogre MIB for southern England. Great game and I'm looking forward to reviewing it for Battlegames magazine too.