Monday, November 21, 2011

Opponent's army: Mouse Guard

For your viewing pleasure, some pictures of a fellow Hordes of the Things player's army: Brian's Mouse Guard.  It's based on the comic of the same name, and mounted on 60mm bases.
Hero
These miniatures are all (I think) Splintered Light figures, and the basing with craft store decorations gives the stands a very rustic feel.
Cleric
I'm not personally familiar with any of the characters from this series, so I can't tell you who each stand is supposed to represent, other than their HotT elements.
Blades
Also, this isn't Brian's entire army, just what he used for a game of HotT.  It's been over a year since I took these photos, so I can't remember what else he might have added to this collection.
Spears
All in all, this is a very creative interpretation of the Mouse Guard characters.  That's what I love about Hordes of the Things--you can put pretty much anything on the table as part of an army.
Shooters
In particular, this is an innovative way to model a swarm of bees--illustrations of the winged insects--until you can find the exact minis you need (the bit of paper there is supposed to be the beehive).
Horde