Saturday, November 15, 2014

Loot from Millenniumcon

I managed to resist buying anything in the dealers' room this year at Millenniumcon (unlike last year, when I dropped way too much cash on gaming stuff).  I did end up with a few bargains from the flea market for attendees though.
The first thing I spotted was this vintage black box edition of GEV.  Although I have the new pocket edition of Ogre, it doesn't have the color map like GEV does.  There was even a copy of an older edition of Ogre itself in there as well.  And for five bucks, I couldn't pass it up.
I also got two sets of miniature port facilities for another five bucks.  Even though my Monopolis game is over, the city won't stop growing.  Besides, the city is on a river; it needs a port for water transportation.  Here's a closeup of the buildings, which I can't wait to add to my city:
Speaking of transportation, this tiny (1/500) airliner will make a nice piece of eye candy for the Monopolis airport.  I'll have to see if I can find some other really small planes to decorate the runways once I get them built. (Full disclosure: I didn't buy this at the convention, but at a hobby store I stopped at on the way home.)
Finally, I snagged a copy of Future War Commander, a game I've played once and wanted to take up again; now I have a chance to do so.
So what cool purchases have you made at gaming conventions?

1 comment:

CoachK said...

I didn't see much, but my son found some lotr boxed sets for 50% off. Mordor troll and orcs, and a blister of dwarves. Was sad not to see Reaper there this year. I usually pick up some paint.