Thursday, May 28, 2020

Civilian spacecraft

For the first time, in a long time, I painted up a spacecraft mini.
The Conestoga-class colony vessel was originally designed for STL intrasystem travel, and constructed without artificial gravity systems. 
Counter-rotating sections of the vehicle used centripedal force to simulate gravity for passengers and crew. 
Although the sublight engines were eventually replaced with a Bachman-Turner overdrive for interstellar travel, it was not cost-effective to retrofit with agrav.
Although the photos are a little washed out, all in all I'm pleased with this nice little model that would not look out of place in a game of Galactic Knights.

6 comments:

Ski said...

Cool model and nice painting. Who's the manufacturer?

Maj. Guiscard said...

"Bachman-Turner Overdrive"
Lol
Yeah, I got it. I'm old.

Nice mini. Nice paint job.

pancerni said...

Neat, nice pun on drive name.

Desert Scribe said...

Thanks, y'all! I want to say the mini is from Iron Wind Metals, part of the Battletech or Aerotech line, but I can't remember any more details.

Gonsalvo said...

I like the model, too, and am also old enough to get the BTO reference, LOL!

Desert Scribe said...

I asked on the Facebook spaceship gaming minis group, and it's the Wagon Wheel frigate from Aerotech.