FORCES: The Terran player gets one Ranger-class cruiser. The rebel player gets four Mars-class star bombers (alternately, the rebel player may take four Asp-class Kmet attack frigates or four Hornet-class Nova Liberian star bombers).
SETUP: The rebel ships begin play in the center of the map within 5 hexes of one another, all traveling in the same direction parallel to the map's long axis, 3 hexes ahead of their drift markers. The Terran ship enters from any direction its player chooses, 9 hexes in front of its drift marker. The Terran fleet has the initiative for the opening turn of the game.
VICTORY CONDITIONS: Play stops when only one player's ships remain on the map. Note: It doesn't matter if a ship merely drifted off the map and is on its way back to the battle -- if you float away while the other guy's still there, the game ends. Once the encounter is over, tally up the losses on both sides.
- Four rebel ships destroyed: Unbelievable Terran victory.
- Three rebel ships destroyed: Decisive Terran victory.
- Two rebel ships destroyed: Draw
- One or zero rebel ships destroyed: Terran defeat.
- Terran ship destroyed: Catastrophic Terran defeat.