|Carnivoran Lion-class battlecruiser: Is its captain a 'fraidy cat?|
- EXAMPLE 1: An undamaged super galactic dreadnaught takes 2 crits in a combat phase. It won't have to bother with a morale roll (it starts with 12, and with 10 crits remaining, a morale roll is unnecessary). The next turn, it takes one more hit, so that turn it must roll a 9 or less to stay in the game.
- EXAMPLE 2: A pristine cruiser (6 starting crits) loses one critical hit point. It must roll a 5 or less to avoid fleeing the battle during the next movement phase.
- EXAMPLE 3: An untouched star bomber loses 1 of its 2 crits. Unless it rolls a 1, it will skedaddle.
- If you think the game background allows starships to jump only at certain warp points, then a fleeing ship must attempt to move off the board (generally, by accelerating at its maximum rate in the direction it's already going) while avoiding enemy craft.
- If you think the game background lets starfaring vessels jump from any point in space, then it is removed from the table when activated during that sides movement phase.