Saturday, October 27, 2012

Cloud Atlas

We saw the movie Cloud Atlas tonight, and I really enjoyed it.  I hadn't seen more than a couple of short commercials for the film, so going in I had no idea what it was about.  Basically, it jumps between six different stories, separated by time.  By the end of the film, however, the separate vignettes are linked structurally and thematically. 

I really enjoyed it, and everything came to a satisfying conclusion.  In fact, this movie reminded me of the move The Fountain.  No real ideas for gaming that spring to mind, although there are some good action sequences, but Cloud Atlas is worth seeing.

Oh, and the makeup artists did a great job in  this one--all the featured actors play several roles throughout the feature, and you'll have to look carefully to see who's playing which character in which scene.  My favorite is Hugo Weaving.

No comments: