Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday Starships: Star Navy fighter ops

I got in a game of 5150: Star Navy this weekend with my brother. 

He took a squadron of four Zhuh-Zhuh starships against a mercenary fleet of a half-dozen Free Company vessels. 

We resolved the battle in about a half-hour, and he easily grasped the rules. 

After that, I gave him a quick demo of the fighter rules, which I particularly like. 

While attack craft tend to slow down starship combat games, I think the way it works in Star Navy keeps the game from bogging down while still giving the commanders tactical options. 

I'm feeling bad right now, so I'll try to post some more pics and a detailed batrep later this week.

1 comment:

Teddy KGB said...

I was pleasantly surprised to find out how easy the game was to pick up and play. Looking forward to not getting my butt kicked next time.