Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Frostgrave constructs

One thing I like about Frostgrave is that the game encourages you to use your imagination when selecting figures for the game. To that end, I kitbashed some constructs for my enchanter to take into battle. Since my wizard is a former tavern owner who lost her business due to the economy, I figured her magically animated creations should reflect her background.
The small construct, Beryl, came from a Reaper Bones set of barrels and some wooden matchsticks.
The components for Porter, the medium construct, also came from the Bones castings
Stout, the large construct, took a little more searching for building materials. In addition to the Bones barrels, the large container came from the miniature dollhouse accessories shelf at Michael's craft store. Here he is next to his creator, the enchanter Spica "Spike" Brewer.
In addition, I finally got around to painting these treasure tokens, suitable for use with Frostgrave or Kings of War. Anyone else kitbashed anything recently?

5 comments:

Wouter said...

Hahaha, I love these golems and the backstory for your wizard.
Well done!

Desert Scribe said...

Thanks, WW! I enjoyed kitbashing these.

Gonsalvo said...

The back story, names, and creations are all very clever. Bravo!

Desert Scribe said...

Thanks, Gonsalvo! I will have to post the rest of the warband once I get all the figures touched up.

Unknown said...

Luv the Constructs. So unique and funny in a very cool way. These are awesome!