Saturday, April 29, 2017

Where'd these figures come from?

I stumbled across a bag of miniatures (presumably for D&D) in a secondhand shop recently, and for three bucks I had to scoop them up.
All the castings exude an old-school vibe. There's this dwarf on a throne:
And a pair of halfling scouts, that looks familiar, but I just can't place it:
As well as another dwarf, with spear and shield:
Along with two more short guys, dwarves or gnomes:
Any idea as to manufacturer or range? I'm curious about where these guys originated.

3 comments:

Alec Semicognito said...

I've had the speardwarf since I was a kid in the 80s --- he was part of the Grenadier Dwarves box set. (In fact, he can be seen briefly in the intro to Stranger Things.)

The others aren't from that set. I've seen the two halflings before, but I don't know where they're from.

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Silverhawk%27s_Painted_Grenadier_Miniatures#Grenadier_Dwarves

James Mishler said...

Grenadier #5003: Woodland Adventurers

http://www.dndlead.com/grenadier/5000s.htm

Classic minis! Love the Gnome King! Great find!

Wouter said...

What an amazing find and at a price to make any collector jealous.