Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday Starships: Babylon 5 ship plans

Cover
Browsing the clearance section of Half-Price Books, I came across Mongoose Publishing's ship plans for the Narn battlecruiser from the Babylon 5 television series.
Inside front cover
I like B5, even though I'm not that big a fan of the TV show; I started watching it on Netflix but it got removed because of licensing issues before I could get past the third season.
Background booklet
Still, this package looked interesting, and it was marked down to $1 from its original price of $19.95, so how could I say no?
Poster with deck plans
If nothing else, I thought the plans might provide some inspiration for my starship megadungeon.
Other side of poster
They're really not detailed enough to be of any use, but when I'm just out some change from the cupholder in my car, I can't complain too much.

3 comments:

BROODE said...

Pulled from Netflix!?! Seasons 4 and 5 are awesome, you need to find copies to watch. I didn't get into B5 until the middle of season 3, but once I started watching it after that I was hooked.

Desert Scribe said...

To clarify, pulled from Netflix streaming, which is what we have. I think Netflix still offers it on DVD.

The acting in the first two seasons was wooden, but I liked the themes and concepts of the series. The middle of season 3 is right where I stopped watching.

MY CHRISTAIN BLOG said...

cool find, i bought mine on ebay recently for $4.00 free shipping, the newie list it in the wrong place.