Sunday, March 12, 2017

Frostgrave: Rangifer rager

A couple of weeks ago, we played the "Run of the Rangifer" scenario from Thaw of the Lich Lord.
Rangifer are reindeer-headed humanoids from Frostgrave who hate the undead. They weren't too fond of our wizards and soldiers, either.
Of course, there was bound to be conflict, since the Rangifer started the scenario next to the treasure tokens everybody was after.
My long-distance shooting was pretty poor, but my spellcasting helped me drive off these creatures and grab some treasure.
fdssfdsfd
Other players got into hand-to-hand combat with the Rangifer.
Then, the wraith knight made an appearance, and the undead-hating Rangifer attacked him. They helped wear him down, but my wizard ended up with the kill (and the experience points).
As usual, I found a Wall spell very handy for keeping enemies away from my wizard and apprentice.
In another game, a couple of players encountered an ice troll guarding some good treasure.
This week, the scenario is "House of Longreach." I'm enjoying this campaign.

2 comments:

Gonsalvo said...

What did the Rangifer say to his wife when he relieved a ghastly wound inflicted by one of the players' characters?

"Rudolf the Red knows Pain, dear!"

Very colorful and well done looking games!

Desert Scribe said...

:-D

I think you just gave me the title of our next Christmas scenario!