Sunday, January 2, 2011

New planet discovered


I'm proud to announce that a fellow gamer has followed my planet-making tutorial and created his own world for use in starship combat games.  Starship Combat News member Sting52jb has posted photos of his project in this thread at the SCN forums.

And he's not stopping with just one, like I did; Sting52jb says he plans to make six planets, each a different type, for use as campaign objectives.  Not only that, but he's working on orbital installations such as satellites, shipyards, and space colonies.  I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of his terrain and his campaign rules, once he completes them.

I have to say, it's very flattering to see someone else do a project I posted about.  I'm thrilled my blog can inspire others in their own gaming.  If anyone else uses something I posted about for their own wargaming project, please let me know, and I will be happy to blog about it here.

2 comments:

Porky said...

Congratulations! It might be the first time, but it's unlikely to be the last - there's a lot of inspiration here.

maxmike said...

Last post on this, I mentioned that I was too lazy to do all the work you do--I just cut a swirly beachball in half. But I recently found a need to tackle your solution. For years, R.Talsorian has had a ton of published worlds (like MEKTON'S Algol) that have never had physical globes--I'm now working on globes for many of these worlds so that artists and writers have a reference to work from.