|Space fighters don't grow on trees.|
Commenters suggested several other lines of fleet-scale fighters as possible diminuitive substitutes for SfW/GK minis, in addition to the Stardate: 3000 fighters (pictured above), and I thought it might be convenient to list all the suggestions in one place:
- For the Star Fleet Universe series of games based on the original Star Trek TV series, Amarillo Design Bureau sells space fighters as part of its Starline 2400 line of miniatures.
- Speaking of television shows, the (now out-of-print) Babylon 5 game Fleet Action (scroll down) had miniatures for the various factions of that setting, including fighters for the Earth, Minbari, Narn, Centauri, and others.
- Turning to animated productions, Star Blazers (the American dub of Space Battleship Yamato) has its own Fleet Battle System, with minis for Earth, Gamilon, and Comet Empire battlecraft (its term for fighters).
- In addition, Studio Bergstrom sells fleet-scale fighters for a multitude of settings--original, and some inspired by popular science fiction franchises.
- Heading away from mass media, UK-based Brigade Models offers fighters such as these, these, these, these, and these.
- Finally, Ground Zero Games produces various fighters for its Full Thrust factions, examples of which can be seen here, here, here, here, and here (you have to scroll down for some of these links).