Tuesday, August 28, 2012

GuadaComaCon report

Why have I taken a week-and-a-half blog break, when everyone's waiting to hear about GuadaComaCon?  Well, a combination of post-convention crash, a self-inflicted injury, stress at work, and training for a marathon have all sapped at my mental energy, leaving me nothing left for blogging.
 
Still, some people might want to hear how the New Braunfels game convention went, so I'll share a little of it right now.  We had a pretty good turnout, nearly twice last year's attendance, and everyone found something to do.  One big hit was Clay-O-Rama, where you build a creature from Pla-Doh and fight everyone else's monster in a free-for-all.
The really fun part is what you get to do when you reduce another player's critter to zero hit points:
One attendee brought these shot glasses, created by his wife.  If you look carefully, you can see they have images of polyhedral dice etched into them:
I will post more pics and game reports later on, but I just wanted to let everyone know I'm still here.  My thanks to all who attended the con, and we hope to make it bigger and better next year.  I'll leave you with this photo of my hand bandaged after my injury, and I'll share the story with you later.
How did y'all think the convention went?  Let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

MIK said...

I wish I could've mustered the mere two states' worth of a drive. But you know, Texas is like a whole other country!

I bet the hand injury had something to do with breaking in those really cool shot glasses!