Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sunday Starships: additional Entomalians

I finish painting the last (but one) of my Starfleet Wars/Galactic Knights miniatures.  Just one super galactic dreadnought to go, along with several dozen starfighters, and I'll have all my minis from this line completed.
We have a New Mantis-class galactic dreadnought, a Mandible-class stellar destroyer leader, and five Wasp-class stellar destroyers.
These models add some much-needed numbers to my Entomalian fleet, one of the smaller of my forces.  Don't worry; I'll probably buy some more at a later date.
These are some of my favorite designs to paint, since I get to use a variety of metallic colors for that iridescent look. 
Like all my other models, I can use these ships for 5150: Star Navy as well as all the other starship combat games I like to play.  Since they have an organic, insectoid design, the Ent vessels might work as Bug cocoon ships for Star Navy.  I'll have to get them on the table and see. 

4 comments:

MY CHRISTAIN BLOG said...

great job on the painting the minis, like the blue look.

Gonsalvo said...

eansdl 939I especially like your paint scheme for the "bugs".
Perhaps a (semi) final tally for your Starfleet Wars ships by Navy and type might be in order once you complete the few remaining ships? It would be most impressive, I imagine!

I have mine listed as a "page" on my blog, which makes it easy to keep it current as I update my forces, as well as linking it to related posts.

Peter

Gonsalvo said...

That glop at the start of the prior comment was failed captych entry - I do loathe those things... and they sem to be getting worse all the time!

Desert Scribe said...

Thanks, guys. Gonsalvo, that's a great idea, and I will work on that in the near future. Meanwhile, I apologize for your problems with captcha--it's the price we pay for spam protection.