Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Fixing an OGRE scenario

SJ Games has released a draft version of the errata and FAQ for OGRE Designer's Edition.  Besides fixing some typos and clarifying some rules, there was one notable change included: increasing the amount of defending units when playing the scenario with two Mark III Ogres attacking.
I think this is a good thing.  The last time I played the defenders in this scenario, my opponents were easily able to take out my command post, although I did kill one attacking Ogre.  By increasing the number of additional defenders from two more armor units to eight more armor units, and adding six squads of infantry, this scenario will be a lot more competitive--and against two cybertanks, you'll need all the help you can get.

2 comments:

 Ashley said...

The old set-up was always a pig to be a defender, as apart from abysmal luck on the dice the Ogres generally rolled right over you. Best I ever did was was destroy one as the other walked off the board.

Desert Scribe said...

Same here. I want to try this new version and see how it goes.