Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Into the outdoors with gun and camera

I played my first game of 5150 this evening, and this is what my squad encountered when they went to check out an anomaly on the scanner--lots of bugs.  And those critters were nasty!  The tank got shredded like an aluminum can at a frat party, but the squad (along with the other squad and combat walker, played by Ed) ended up fending off the aliens and completing its mission.

I really like the fast pace of this game, and the die rolls for starting conditions and events throughout the game convey a nice sense of narrative.  The game plays out like a story, and not just two sides having at it until one of them's completely destroyed.  This ruleset is one I want to play again.  My thanks to Ed for showing me 5150.

No comments: