Friday, March 23, 2012

New Game: Silent Fury

I recently learned of a new spaceship combat game that's under development: Silent Fury.  In the words of the developers: "Our system features detailed damage modeling, critical hits, boarding actions, and inertial movement, all while having simple and elegant rules for doing so."
From the Silent Fury website.
Here's a list of components the rules require, and a very brief FAQ.  The game uses vector movement on a typical hex map for ship-to-ship combat, but Silent Fury also uses miniature figures on ship system displays to track boarding actions.  Once it's complete, I'll have to give the game a try.

5 comments:

HoldFast said...

Could be cool! Though there have been alot of vector=based movement games over the years. An old friend made a homemade game like this. He tried to publish it. Everytime I see a new vector game, I want to believe that this is his creation fully realized. Lol!

Don M said...

Reminds me of the old Starship Marine found at

http://www.theuniverse.org.uk/

jmezz382 said...

Nothing like the ability to run Ship to Ship action and then zoom in for platoon size action !

Lead Legion said...

It's an intriguing combination. I'd love to know more.

Mike Slade said...

It looks really interesting, it reminds me alot of Gorilla Games Battlestations.