Saturday, June 16, 2012

Battletech bonus from NTRPG

While I was taking part in the never-ending Battletech game, one of the players showed me a bunch of his 3025-era mechs that he'd brought, including plenty of the Unseen--models with copyright issues that forced the publisher to stop using those images.
As a Battletech fan, I always preferred the designs taken from Japanese animation--the models were more aesthetically pleasing and more plausible from a design and engineering standpoint (as far as it goes when we're talking about giant stompy robots)--so it was a treat to see all these old minis.
My favorite, however, has to be this ginormous version of the Demolisher tank.  It's twice as big as a battlemech in the same scale, the four tread units come as separate pieces, and the model takes up two hexes on the BT gameboard.  
I used to have one of these bad boys, but I have no idea what happened to it.  Although it's too big to really work on a Battletech hex map, it would make a great cybertank like an OGRE or a Bolo in other games.  Turns out this tank is still available from Ral Partha Europe.  Maybe I can acquire another one of these someday.

1 comment:

Allandaros said...

Those are some beautiful Unseen minis. The paint job on the Marauder is awesome.