Friday, June 29, 2012

What's your (character's) name?

In a thread over at Dragonsfoot, people are talking about some of the goofy names they gave their player characters.  I chimed in with a character I created with the name of Urban Renual, and his cousin, Urban DeKay. 

There's also the names I gave my characters for Unlimited Adventures, the D&D computer adventure creation engine: Aiyre Bourne the ranger, Sir Guudeguye the paladin, Heppmi Meddick the cleric, Wylie Sneak the thief, Faye Lanks the magic user and the elf F/M/C Jack (later Jill) 'Voltraydz.

What are some of the goofy names you gave your PCs back in the day (or even more recently)?

6 comments:

Brad said...

Most of the ones I came up with in high school are probably too blue for your blog, but some of the less raunchy ones from games I've played in include Rando Generratio, Generica, Plebian Jones, Alfred T. Tallywacker, Hal Itosis and Frugal McDougal.

Zenopus Archives said...

Horq. Half-orc cleric 5/fighter 4, I've been running him for more than a year and a half in a biweekly Temple of Elemental Evil campaign. Originally spelled Horc, but the DM started spelling it Horq so I went with that.

Jeff Rients said...

My buddy Dave ran a cleric called Bud the Wiser.

Black Vulmea said...

Lotto Rumblebottom, halfling thief - mercifully he died very early in the campaign.

Lita Fjord, human bard - she rocked the house.

Dunder the Dim, human magic-user - an Int 9 magic-user from an OD&D one-shot who went on to become an NPC in the setting.

Urbain de Foresta - "Urban Forest," my recently deceased Flashing Blades character.

Jasper and Ruby Garnet - fraternal twins and proprietors of the Red Rock Ranch in a Boot Hill game.

Dripping Beaver - a First Nations npc from my FB campaign.

J Womack, Esq. said...

Whereda Hecawee, the ranger.

Itsa Goboom, gnome sorcerer

Sir Mimsey Poppinjay III, fighter

Meddick, cleric

Guh, the half-ogre barbarian with an Int of 4.

Kaptain Kobold said...

The most successful magic-user I had in my early D&D days was called Blokear. As in, I looked at the character sheet and said "What shall I call this bloke here?"

I did play Kaptain Kobold in a silly Champions campaign once :)