Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Paused projects

Here are a couple of spaceship projects that I currently have on hold (meaning I started on them, then got distracted with something else and forgot all about them).  I thought I'd dust them off and show them to my loyal readers.

The white models are the Aquan Prime starter fleet for Firestorm Armada that I picked up a year-and-a-half ago at Half Price Books.  They've been sitting in the box, primed white, for a year now.  The biggest ship will make a great scenario objective as a passenger liner; I don't know what I want to do with the smaller ships.

The black object at upper left is the skeleton for a scratchbuild design I cobbled together from used ballpoint pen parts.  The idea was to make it into some sort of agri-ship like in the movie Silent Running.  I even made some biodomes that don't look nearly as amateurish in this picture as they do in person, using plastic covers from those googly eyes they sell in craft stores, flock, and an old key ring.

Maybe one of these days I'll finish one or both of these projects.  Not tonight, though.  I need some distraction.  What's that about the unfinished project you have sitting around your work table?

1 comment:

Patrick W. Rollens said...

Hey Scribe, just wanted to chime in and let you know that our game club nominated your blog for a Liebster Award! Check it out here:

http://chicagoskirmish.blogspot.com/2012/12/wed-like-to-thank-academy.html

Keep up the good work!