Thursday, May 23, 2019

Invasion: Earth board game find

I found this on eBay for a very reasonable price. Similar to Fifth Frontier War, the board game Invasion: Earth is based on the future history of the Traveller universe.
This box was complete, containing all components and unpunched counters. Note the chits for the U.S. 82nd Airborne and 101st Airborne: Now performing as jump infantry, able to make drops from orbit, just like God and Robert A. Heinlein intended.
The map is also cool, depicting Earth in the Fiftieth Century. I like turning the map into a flattened icosahedron so that you can depict movement over the poles.
Here is a detail of North America, complete with its starport. The red hatching indicates urban areas.
The game mechanics are very similar to FFW, and I bet some of the combat tables are identical. This looks like a fun game to try with Joe, once we're done with the current one we're playing.

2 comments:

pancerni said...

Cool find. I had not heard of the game. Interesting.

Idoites said...

I don't have this one ; I have "Imperium" - where the 101st makes an appearance as Jump Troops but the 82nd does not .