Thursday, February 16, 2012

I'm back!

Up until last week, I was on a great blogging streak--a whole lotta posts in a row.  Then, the flu (or its nasty cousin) came and kicked me in the ass.  I was weak and feverish and missed work; at home I didn't even have the strength to work on the blog.  My fever finally broke last Sunday, and I made work every day this week, but I was still too drained to feel like blogging.  Now, I've finally regained the urge to start posting again.

To make this sort of geek-related, I thought I'd share one of my Valentine's Day gifts from my wife: a Battlestar Galactica (the 1978 version) ornament.  This Cylon bad boy is about 100mm tall and when you press the button, it speaks one of several phrases in that old-school mechanical voice, including "By your command."  Hearing that voice gives me flashbacks to watching that show when I was in grade school.  It was a fun gift from a wife who indulges her husband's nerd habit.

Anyway, I'm feeling much better, so expect more blog posts from me in the near future.  I also hope to get some painting in, and get back to work processing moves in the Chancellor campaign.  It's great to be back in the blogging saddle again.

2 comments:

Chris Kutalik said...

Welcome back to the living, I wasn't getting my spaceship fix.

Gonsalvo said...

Glad you're on the mend!

"I really think you should look at the other Battlestar..."