Saturday, March 31, 2012

Dem bones, dem bones ...

... dem Warhammer skeletons.  I just can't seem to stop buying them.

After a hefty purchase of a whole lotta skellies, I thought I was done purchasing old Games Workshop figures for awhile.  However, when I saw this quartet of skeleton archers for five bucks--including shipping--I couldn't resist.

I didn't notice in the seller's photo that one of the metal minis (the one on the right) was missing the bottom part of its leg.  No big deal, though: I can either sculpt something with greenstuff or use a spare part from the multitude of plastic skeletons I have stockpiled.

Also, it's not obvious from this pic, but the previous owner removed all the tabs attached to the feet of these miniatures instead of attaching them to the slottabases in the conventional way.  This isn't a problem for me, either--I remove the tabs anyway, since I'm basing these minis on multi-figure stands for Hordes of the Things.  Another stand of Shooters on the to-do list!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Just a thought: What about leaving the one legged skeleton one legged? It would certainly be an interesting sight on the battlefield and you can just claim that it either fell off somewhere along the way or a dog stole it.