Monday, December 10, 2012

Painted CAPTACs for Starfleet Wars

I finished up a bunch of missiles for Starfleet Wars/Galactic Knights.  The red missiles (and most of the blue) are Terran Lance missiles.  The green ones are Entomalian Barb missiles.
Instead of my usual basing method, these projectiles are mounted on some Furball Flight Stands.  That's because in Galactic Knights (and Full Thrust), missiles are fired in salvos of five (six) each. 
To keep count of how many missiles escape the point defense, just change the die accordingly.  This method also saves you money, since you don't have to buy five missiles for every salvo on the board.
In Starfleet Wars, these missiles travel solo because in that game setting they're a lot bigger and a lot more destructive.   Known as Captive Towed Tactical Missiles (CAPTACs), these bad boys can really put a hurt on a capital ship.
I'm please with the paint job for these.  I wanted to be able to use the missiles with any of my fleets, so I didn't paint them exactly in the scheme of my Starfleet Wars/Galactic Knights starships.  Still, they fit in pretty well, I think.
I have a few more CAPTACs to paint up, but first I need to find some more flight stands.  In the meantime, I have quite a few starfighters to finish painting.  Back to the workbench!

1 comment:

Gonsalvo said...

I've always thought the CAP TACS were kind of cool, and I like the flights stands with the dice - cuts down on costs and panting!