Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Hobbitses

Watching The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (the extended version, of course), I  realized that I didn't have any halfling minis in my collection.  Looking around, the Dungeons & Dragons Miniatures prepaints and their Pathfinder counterparts were too expensive--and worse, the figures are all wearing shoes!  However, since the Heroclix folks produced minis for The Lord of the Rings movies as well as The Hobbit films, I found a bunch of minis that are true to the source material as well as easy on the wallet.
I ordered these figures from Troll & Toad, and they all cost less than a dollar.  Note that I removed these miniatures from their huge clicky bases, which look so big they appear to overpower the figures.  Instead, pennies are a handy and cheap alternative basing method (don't worry; I plan to cover and paint the coins.
 
These miniatures, once they've been rebased, make fine-looking short folk.  As you can see from the photo below next to a Heroscape knight, these hobbits scale well with my other 30mm prepainted minis.
Now, if a player in my D&D campaign wants to run a halfling character, I have several to choose from--and who knows, maybe there will be some non-player character hobbits wandering around the dungeon as well.

2 comments:

Gonsalvo said...

But what has it got in its nasty, little, pocketetses?

HoldFast said...

Extended edition! Sigh. I'm waiting for the full 3-movie epic version that will have every version. Probably available sometime in 2016.