Friday, August 21, 2020

Ace space base Mace in place

I finally painted this Mace-class space station that I purchased some time ago. It had been sitting on the work table for awhile, so it was nice to get something done.
This Terran base is from Monday Knight Productions' Galactic Knights range (originally the Starfleet Wars line from Superior Models). It was a simple paint job: Spray black, drybrush in metallic black, metallic gunmetal gray, and metallic silver. If you look close, you can spot a dab or two of color here and there.

You can never have too many space miniatures, right?

5 comments:

Gonsalvo said...

Looks good, Mack! Mine looks quite different, painted to suit my Avarian fleet, which has a dark blue basic color! I still have the huge "Web" space station just in my base Entomalian color (brown) to paint!

Desert Scribe said...

Thanks, Gonsalvo! I need to find me a Web miniature, but I don't see it on the Monday Knight website.

Gonsalvo said...

I haven't seen one for sale since Superior went out of business. Presumably MKP has the molds. It is very heavy, and might be better rendered in Resin now days!

Unknown said...

The company does have the molds. But I have not seen the Wave,for the Aquarian faction, or the other bases.

Jason said...

I wonder if it has an inconvenient thermal exhaust port too?