Saturday, October 30, 2021

Gaslands vehicles

 

Inspired by a Wyloch's Armory video from awhile back, I decided to put together a couple more cars for Gaslands.

First up is Learning To Fly, made from a metal Hot Wheels airplane crammed into the plastic body of a car that came with one of my Space Union sets. Unlike my previous frankencar, this was pretty straightforward: I just cut off the automobile's roof, sanded down the parts sticking up, removed the plane's propeller and wheels, and stuck it in there. 
I also glued two pairs of nails in the headlight holes to look like machine guns. I covered the canopy with the helmet from a dollar store action figure and painted and weathered the whole thing accordingly.
Then we have Walking On The Moon, a Matchbox NASA rover with the engine from another dollar store vehicle, and some plastic sprue to emulate the drive train going down to the wheels. 
Because I like the space agency emblems on this vehicle, I didn't want to do a lot of repainting or weathering--just a black wash to dirty it up some. 
And while there is a driver seat on top, you can still operate it from  inside the cabin--you can't tell from the photos, but I did put a driver figure in there.
I always enjoy making vehicles for this game--even if I don't know the next time I will have a chance to play. 

No comments: