Monday, December 27, 2010

Calling all starfleets ...

A few of my Starfleet Wars/Galactic Knights ships.
One of the reasons I started this blog was to let other fans of the Starfleet Wars/Galactic Knights line of miniatures know they're not alone.  That works the other way, too--I now know I'm not the only gamer who collects and paints these spaceships.

For example, maxmike (incidentally, the creator of Mekton and Cyberpunk 2020) mentioned his SfW collection in a comment on on my first post on this blog

More recently, RavenFeast left a comment in my star bombers WIP post with a link to his own gallery, which includes quite a few Terrans and Entomalians he's been using for Firestorm Armada.

By following a link to Leland's/BlackWidowPilot's gallery from this unrelated thread on The Miniatures Page, I discovered his pictures of some Aquarian starships (link takes you to the first photo).  Not only that, but over in the gallery at Starship Combat News, there's a picture of some Terran ships that appear to be painted by the same person.

I've found a couple of versions of the Entomalian Web space station: This version, used for Battlefleet Gothic, on a message board for Warhammer and related games; and another version, part of a workbench article on The Miniatures Page.  Of course, the Galactic Knights Yahoo group gallery (members only) also has images of painted GK starships.

Even though I've scoured the Internet, I'm sure there are other gamers with SfW/GK ship collections.  So post those pics online (if you haven't already done so), send me your links, and I'll be happy to post them here.  Or if you don't have access to a camera, just tell us about the paint schemes for your ships.  Either way, you're not alone!

No comments: