Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday Starships: Directorate fleet bargain

Dragon's Lair in San Antonio is having its annual clearance sale, and I was able to pick up this Directorate starter fleet for 50% off.  This faction is from the Firestorm Armada game, which I've never played.  I do have some Aquan Prime minis, though.  This box contains six frigates, three cruisers, and a battleship--all for the low, low price of $30!
While I'd like to keep this great deal for myself, I told my brother I'd pick it up for him, since he doesn't yet have any spaceship minis, and we're gonna be playing some 5150: Star Navy in the near future.  So I guess I'll be nice and share my toys.

4 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

Damn good bargain!

Unknown said...

Good buy! Shame that store doesn't fill mail orders (that I can tell). The Directorate isn't my favorite faction, but that line of ships as a whole is one of the best I know of. Personally I think $30 ought to be the exact price point for that combination of ships on a normal day, but it is an expensive hobby we live.

Gonsalvo said...

Nice pick up! Brotherly love (well, maybe self interest in assuring opponents, too)turning them over to the fraternal unit.

I don't know exactly why, but somehow"The Directorate Fleet Bargain" struck me as resembling an episode title for "The Big Bang Theory".

Maj. Guiscard said...

What is this "share" thing you are going on about?
:)