Sunday, December 26, 2021

New painting experiment

I've seen plenty of videos and blog posts about using contrast paints, and while they give great tabletop standard results in a short amount of time, I don't want to pay retail game store prices for a few milliliters of color. So when Youtube's algorithm presented me with some videos about making your own contrast paints, I decided I will give it a shot. 
Armed with a craft store gift card from my wife (another great Xmas gift), I came home with some inks and matte fluid medium. With these three primary colors along with the medium brown (I already have some black and dark brown inks), I figure I can mix whatever hue I need. The recipe seems pretty simple: equal amounts of medium and water, along with the suitable mix of inks for my preferred color. 

If anyone else has made their own contrast paints, please let me know how it worked out for you.

1 comment:

pancerni said...

Excellent! Watching to see how it goes. Good luck.