Wednesday, June 30, 2021

1 Gigasun

The spaceship combat game A Billion Suns finally arrived at my local game store. I'm looking forward to trying this game out; the resource management (starting with no ships on the table and giving a limited number of orders each turn--not to mention trying to win the game while expending as little as possible) looks extremely interesting. The rules can accomodate two to four players, and there is a campaign system as well. This book is from the author of Gaslands, but the combat engine is completely different, and there are no specially marked dice or templates required. The scenarios (multiple for a single game) look interesting and play out on separate maps, with players having the option to jump fleets between the game boards. Now that we're getting ready to start in-person gaming soon, I can't wait to introduce A Billion Suns to my group.

3 comments:

Tom H said...

This sounds really good. I hear lots of good things about Osprey games and anything that supports more than 2 players is worth checking out in my book.

Whether it would be a hit with my GW obsessed friends is another matter! Hope you get some games in.

Gonsalvo said...

I'll be inetrested to see a game or two played out!

Gonsalvo said...

I'll be interested to see a game or two played out